Sometimes, when QuickBooks users click to open a company file, they are likely to see the message “QuickBooks is not responding.” Whenever such an odd message hits the screen, it makes way for locking up the computer and users find it hard to make the system ready for opening a company file while using the most powerful and widely used accounting software from Intuit: QuickBooks. When QB users see this condition, the Task Manager may indicate that QuickBooks is not opening or responding. Here, users needn’t click End Task at least for 10 minutes. If it is not working after 10 minutes, be sure that QuickBooks will not continue. It seems that the possible cause of QuickBooks is not responding is that Memorized Transaction list has some damaged memorized transactions. Contact Quickbooks Technical Support Phone Number
Let’s see how one can fix this issue:
Test a sample company with the following steps:
- Reboot QuickBooks while shutting the desktop down.
- Open a sample company: Go to the No company open window and select the first company from the Open a sample file drop-down.
- Now, select Preferences, Desktop View, My Preferences from the Edit menu.
- Mark the given choice for Don’t save the Desktop and click OK. (This step will go around loading the desktop for the problem company.)
- Then, from the File menu, try to open the problem company again.
- Users can continue with the process of troubleshooting in case the sample company file gets opened without QuickBooks locking up and the problem company fails. Pro Technical Support for QuickBooks
- Troubleshooting damaged memorized transactions:
Memorized transactions can be used by QB users as a major time saver when it comes to searching important things. In case, users find some damaged memorized transactions, they can go for these steps in order to troubleshoot them. These include:
- With QuickBooks closed, users need to double-click the time display in the Windows task bar. Then, reset the computer’s system date back one year.
- Once this step is done successfully, it is high time to start QuickBooks and open the company file.
- In the menu bar, you need to select Lists and then Memorized Transaction List.
- Again, select View and Re-sort List.
- Review the list to see which transactions contain a checkmark in the Auto column. Then, double-click any one of them.
- When the transaction opens, print it for later use and slam the transactions after printing the transaction.
- Click the name of the damaged transaction and choose the Memorized Transaction button. QuickBooks Data Recovery
- Select Delete Memorized Transaction and exit QuickBooks.
- Reset the system date and time settings and then start QuickBooks.
- Reopen the company file having the lock up issue.
- Re-enter the deleted memorized transactions if the company file opens up successfully.